Services to students
Services delivered through StudyLink
MSD provides Student Support payments to students through its StudyLink service line.
What assistance is available for students through StudyLink?
The assistance available to students through StudyLink comprises:
- Student Allowances (including Accommodation Benefit where eligible)
- Student Loans
- benefits, supplementary assistance and emergency assistance through Work and Income
- some scholarships
- job search assistance during study breaks.
Who is eligible to receive this assistance?
In general terms, eligibility depends on:
- being enrolled in an approved course at an approved education provider
- the age and circumstances of the student and their family.
Further information on eligibility or entitlement for each type of assistance is provided in the following sections.
This report provides statistics for services to students covering the calendar years 2007 to 2011. The eligibility and entitlement descriptions are those that existed in 2011, except where otherwise stated.
Current eligibility and entitlement criteria, which differs in some important respects from the period covered by this report, is available at www.studylink.govt.nz.